Thursday, November 1, 2012

Countdown to Halloween Recap (The Ghosts of Halloween Past, Present, and Future)



COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN
DAY 32 - EVERY DAY IS HALLOWEEN



Did you all go trick or treating last night?  If you're like me, you gorged yourself on candy and are now feeling slightly sick.  But that's okay, it was worth it!  Thanks to the Countdown to Halloween, I've seen a huge spike in the number of visits to this blog.  I've had almost 5 times as many page views for October 2012 than I've had for any other month.  I'd like to say thanks again to all of my new readers.  This is going to be my final post for the Countdown to Halloween 2012, where I recap what I posted about all month, and preview what's coming up this month and beyond.

THE RECAP
I had a few different "categories" that I posted under this month.  They were "Halloween 1966," "Karloff the Uncanny," "Horror in Space," and "The Haunted Toybox."  Basically, though, I posted three things; toy reviews, movie reviews, and music compilations.  My most popular posts were the Frankenstein ones, with my review of the movie Frankenstein being the most viewed post this month, and the first part of my Frankentoys list coming in at number two.

SPOOKY MUSIC
I published four volumes of my "Halloween 1966" music compilation, featuring music and sound clips from 1966.  These are only going to be online for a limited time only, so if you want to listen to them, do it soon.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait till next Halloween.

CREEPY TOYS
I reviewed several modern day Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, and the Mummy action figures.  I also posted a three part series, "Frankentoys," about my favorite vintage Frankenstein toys.


SCARY MOVIES
I wrote reviews and took screencaps for a bunch of movies this month.  My most popular movie posts this month were for Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein, although my personal favorites, just because they were the most fun to write, were Saturn 3 and The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula.

OTHER STUFF
I also posted Monster Cereal Taste-Off: a review of Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Franken Berry cereals, and I wrote a list of my favorite Countdown to Halloween posts from other sites.

THE COUNTDOWN THAT NEVER WAS, AND WHAT'S NEXT ON MISFIT ROBOT DAYDREAM
When I started the Countdown to Halloween, I wasn't sure how I was going to come up with enough content make a new post every day for 31 days straight, but somehow I pulled it off.  In fact, there were a bunch of things that I had planned on writing about this month that I didn't end up having time to do.  I had planned on doing a series of posts on Saturday Morning Cartoon Horror, and I probably will still do that, although I'm not sure when.  I also had couple of Jimmy Olsen posts planned for October: "The Top 10 Monster Transformations of Jimmy Olsen," and "The Top 10 Disguises of Jimmy Olsen."   I'm still working on those, but it turned out that sorting through over a hundred back issues of Jimmy Olsen comics was a pretty time consuming research project, I've made it through the first 70 so far.  So those are still coming, hopefully later this month.  I also still have more movies to review in my "Horror in Space" series.  Those reviews should be coming up soon, in the next week or two.

Posting every day for the Countdown to Halloween was great, but I can't keep up that pace all the time.  So I'm going to take the next few days off, and I'll be back on Monday, with about 3 to 5 new posts a week instead of 7.  If you enjoyed the stuff I posted this month, I'll be continuing to write about classic and cult horror movies and toys, but with the Countdown over, I'll be expanding into Sci-Fi and other types of cult cinema and pop culture stuff as well.

Thanks for reading.  Hope to have you back on Monday,
Joshua the Atomic Robot






No comments:

Post a Comment