Friday, December 14, 2012

Creepmas in Review


 CREEPY CHRISTMAS

 

Creepmas in Review

I had fun celebrating "Creepmas" these last two weeks, posting my movie reviews and other things, and reading what the other participants were posting.

My posts in review:


I posted some photos of two sets of Creepmas decorations I attempted to make; Skeleton Snowmen, and Santa Hat Monsters.  I also posted some embedded YouTube videos of my favorite Christmas songs.  Aside from that all of my posts were reviews of movies and TV that combined horror with Christmas (except for the Ren & Stimpy review, which wasn't really scary, just weird and gross).  For each of the movie and TV reviews, I created a fake Christmas card, featuring a scene from the movie or show.

List of the movies and TV shows I reviewed:

Silent Night, Bloody Night (1974)
Dead End (2003)
The Devil-Doll (1936)
Tales from the Crypt (1972)
Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
The Ren & Stimpy Show - Son of Stimpy (1993)
Christmas Evil (1980)
The Addams Family - Christmas With the Addams Family (1965)
South Park - Woodland Critter Christmas (2004)
The Twilight Zone - Night of the Meek (1960)

Coming up for the rest of December:


For the rest of the month, I'm going to continue to post Christmas stuff, but I'm going to shift from Christmas horror to Christmas stuff that is weird, oddball, strange, and goofy.  I've got Christmas themed animated cartoons, film noir, sci-fi, and more.  I've got more stuff on my list than I'm going to have time to review, so I'm not sure which titles they will be yet.  You'll just have to tune in to find out..  I'm also planning on doing some toy reviews, just in time for your last minute Christmas shopping. 

I've also got some non-Christmas related stuff coming up.  I'm going to be reviewing some movies that are new releases on DVD this month, specifically Total Recall (the remake), The Bourne Legacy, and Looper.   I'm also working on my month-by-month lists of the best music of the year (although I'm WAY behind on that, so it might not get finished until January).

Coming up in 2013:


After this month of random Christmas stuff, I'm going to start posting things on a regular schedule.  It will be:

Mondays - TV or Movie Reviews
Tuesdays - Toy Reviews
Wednesdays - Random Stuff (Stuff like music lists, posts about comic books, anything that doesn't fit in the other categories)
Thursdays - Toy Reviews
Fridays - Movie Reviews
Saturdays - Thrift Store Finds (cool toys and other stuff I find at thrifts stores, yard sales, or on ebay)
Sundays - Weekly Recap plus More Random Stuff (I'll be looking back at the last weeks posts, pointing out interesting stuff on the internet, and posting anything else that I didn't have time for doing the week)


Finally, I want to highlight a few of my favorite Creepmas posts from other blogs:

 

The Little Gothic Horrors blog has been doing a series of Addams Family posts that are a lot of fun, including several of Charles Addam's Christmas themed cartoons.

Maple Grove Cemetery also had several Creepmas posts I enjoyed this year.  My favorite ones were the Calvin and Hobbes snowman comic strips.

Potionsmith had a few neat toy-related Creepmas posts, including creepy toys of the past and present, and a Christmas themed Lego haunted house.

Deadpan Flook and The Blog Of Stuff! also had a post on creepy toys, a post on custom action figure gift ideas, and other cool stuff.

Weird Christmas music is one of my favorite things about the holidays, and The Roadside Revenant's Rot and Roll Revival Show has been featuring a lot of creepy, irreverant, and bad taste Christmas music this year.

All right!  Thanks for reading.  I'm going to be taking a the weekend off, but I'll be back on Monday with my review of the Beavis and Butt-Head Christmas specials, and on Tuesday I'll probably review the Beavis and Butt-Head vinyl toys from Funko.  See you then!



Scary Creepmas from:
Joshua "Atomic Robot" Raymond



No comments:

Post a Comment