Thursday, January 31, 2013


Warner Brothers released more info about their upcoming line of Batman 1966 merchandise today.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, I am super-excited about this, as the 1966 Batman show was a HUGE influence on me as a kid.  I've been waiting almost all of my life for toys from this show.  There are still no pictures of the toys yet, but ToyFair, the annual toy industry trade convention, is coming up in less than two weeks, so I bet some well surface by then.

Highlights of the press release include:
  • Batman Ken and Catwoman Barbie!
  • 6 inch action figures!
  • Batman Classic TV Series TV Moments 2 Pack!  I'm guessing these will be packs of two action figures, possibly in a smaller scale like 3 3/4 inch, recreating scenes from the TV show.  That's just me speculating, though.
  • Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile!  This sounds like it will be a Batmobile for the action figures to ride in, that will be sweet.  Again, I'm guessing it will be for smaller scale, 3 3/4 inch figures, but we'll see.
  • A line of costumes!  This sounds like fun.  I'm assuming these are for Halloween, but I might buy some just to wear around town all year long, because I'm a boss like that.
  • Funko Toys!  I already mentioned Funko Pop and Wacky Wobblers in my previous Batman 1966 post, and it looks like they are doing plush toys, as well.
  • Vinyl figures from Mezco!
  • An 18 inch action figure from Neca!  How cool is that!  An 18 inch Adam West would probably become the king toy in my toy collection.

Here's the full Batman Classic TV Series press release:

Batman Classic TV Series Is Back On The Scene
Fans of the Batman Classic TV Series will be doing the Batusi when WBCP and its licensing partners give them a first glimpse at the all-new licensing program for the fan-favorite live-action series.  Sure to ensnare the eyes of collectors and ignite the nostalgia for the 60’s series is the Mattel vintage-styled Batman Ken® and Catwoman Barbie® collection, and a BATMAN™ Classic TV Series 6” Figure Assortment, BATMAN™ Classic TV Series TV Moments 2 Pack, as well as a BATMAN™ Classic TV Series Batmobile.  Rubie’s will introduce a line of costumes based on series favorites including Batman, Robin, Catwoman, The Riddler, and The Joker.  Additional licensees supporting the Batman Classic TV Series include Funko with stylized figures and plush; Mezco with colorfully detailed vinyl figures; NECA with an 18-inch action figure; Round 2 with model kits; Cryptozoic Entertainment with trading cards; and a variety of high-end collectibles from Noble Collection, Sideshow Collectibles, TriForce, Kotobukiya, Medicom and Hot Toys.  The Mattel Hot Wheels® brand will rev-up with a high-end Elite Scale Batmobile inspired by the 1966 hot-rod in the series for the true collector; along with many other toy partners who will help bring to life this cultural phenomenon with a Zap! Bam! Pow!

As always, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any more Batman 1966 news or photos, and I'll be posting them here in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment