Saturday, November 9, 2013

Previously on The Hardy Boys...


When I was a kid, I was a huge Hardy Boys fan.  I read all of their books I could get a hold of, and I used to love watching this show.  Back in the days before video recording, I used to record these episodes on audio cassettes, and I would narrate all of the visual parts into my microphone as I watched the show, so I could relive them on the days when the show was not on the air.

I didn't really think I would enjoy these so much as a grown man, but I decided to watch season 2's "The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula" for the 2012 Countdown to Halloween, and I found out that I still got a huge kick out of the show.  A few months later, I started to watch all of the season 1 Hardy Boys episodes, and review them on this blog.  I don't think I enjoyed any of them quite as much as the Dracula episode, but I still found them to be a lot of fun.

Now, after an absence of a few months, I'm about to start reviewing more of the Hardy Boys episodes, from season 2 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.  Just like last time, I'll be skipping all of the Nancy Drew solo episodes (I refused to watch those ones when I was a kid, because "Nancy Drew is for girls").  Sorry if you're a Nancy Drew fan, but I'm just not into her.  She still pops up in some of the crossover episodes, though, so she won't be completely missing.

I thought I'd list all of my previous reviews first, in case anyone wants to get caught up.  The next review, "The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb," should be up later today.

SEASON ONE
  1. The Mystery of the Haunted House (1977)
  2. The Mystery of Witches' Hollow (1977) 
  3. The Disappearing Floor (1977)
  4. The Disappearing Floor (1977)
  5. The Flickering Torch Mystery (1977)  
  6. The Mystery of the Flying Courier (1977)
  7. Wipe-Out (1977)
  8. The Secret of the Jade Kwan Yin (1977) 

SEASON TWO
  1. The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula (1977) 

BONUS! MUSIC VIDEO:Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'n' Roll



1 comment:

  1. Loved it back then, too, and the books, couldn't read them fast enough! :)

    ReplyDelete