Sunday, July 27, 2014

99 Cents Store Double Feature Part 1: Halloween in July

Hi kids!  I stopped in to my local 99 Cents Only Store yesterday, and found some fun stuff to post in ye olde blogge.  So without further ado...

What's in the 99 Cents Store Bag?
What's in the 99 Cents Store Bag?

HALLOWEEN IN JULY

One of the first things I noticed at the 99 Cents Store was that they already have Halloween products on their shelves, and it's only July!  Can you believe it?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  Halloween is far and away my favorite holiday.  Heck, if it was up to me, Halloween would be once a month, not once a year.  They don't have their full selection of Halloween items yet, as half of their seasonal section is still full of Summer-themed items like cheap sunglasses and beach balls, but they still have a lot of stuff.  They have a whole aisle section of weird Halloween candy, like gummi eyeballs and lollipop skulls, as well as another section with a small assortment of rubber masks and costume pieces.  I don't need any of that stuff, but I wasn't going to leave there empty handed, so I picked up a couple of these...

"Hello sir, we have some free literature we'd like to share with you.  Did you know that Jesus Christ was actually a skeleton?  It's true!  This pamphlet will tell you all about it."
What the heck are those guys?  Find out after the break!



These are basically, like, skeleton versions of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.  They have two levers on the back, one for each arm, that you can press to make their arms punch, and it also moves their jaws and makes their eyes light up.  I really liked the look of these as soon as I saw them, as they are equal parts creepy, cartoony, and fun.  However, these are really cheaply made.  Several of them had their arms falling off, and I had to rifle through quite a few of them to find two that worked properly.  I doubt they'd last more than a few minutes in the hands of a playful child.

Look at those grins!  These guys sure seem to love punching each other in the face!

These toys are filled with some kind of candy pellets.  However, the candy was made in China, so I think I'm going to take a pass on eating it.  I'm pretty sure in China, lead paint is considered to be a vitamin.


Nutrition Facts:  120% of  your recommended daily dose of radium per serving.  Serving Size: 1 pellet.  Do not eat if you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or were given birth to by someone who was pregnant.

Speaking of "Made in China," I also picked up three packs of "Military Play Set" toys.  I'll be posting about those soon, so stay tuned for 99 Cents Store Double Feature Part 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment