Monday, August 25, 2014

Final Hours of "Amazing Heroes" Kickstarter, plus Upcoming Blog Stuff

I've got a bit of news about an upcoming feature on here on Misfit Robot Daydream, but first, I want to remind everyone that there's only a few hours left to get in on the "Amazing Heroes" Kickstarter. I've blogged about it a couple of times, but for those of you who haven't seen it, it's a line of action figures of Golden Age comic book characters, plus Captain Action as well, done in the style of the Marvel Comics Secret Wars action figures from the 1980's. I think they are really cool, and am hoping that the Kickstarter gets funded, but time is running out. There are only about 9 hours left, and it's only 90% funded. But it was only 80% funded this morning, so it's possible that there might be a last minute rush and it will get funded.

Image

I'd encourage anyone who is interested to head over to their Kickstarter page and check it out!

In my blog news, last week I launched a new weekly feature called "Retro Wednesdays," in which I will be featuring a new retro, Kenner-style 3 3/4 inch action figure every week, like the ones currently being produced by Super 7, Funko, and Bif Bang Pow.  For an example, check out this link for the Retro Kenner section at Entertainment Earth (that's not a sponsored link, by the way, I won't get any money if you click on it or buy anything).  Well, I thought it would be fun to pair them off with actual vintage 3 3/4 inch action figures from the 1970s and 1980s.  So I've decided to make a Fridays "Retro Fridays," where I will feature action figures like Fisher-Price Adventure People and Kenner Star Wars, and other figures in this style. I'll be kicking that feature off this Friday with a look at "Newt," a 1977 figure from Tomland's Starroid Raiders line, and I'll be featuring the new Funko ReAction Escape From New York "Snake Plisken" figure.  So there will be at least two new, regularly scheduled pieces to look forward to on this blog every week, and I'll still be posting other, random stuff as well.  So check back often for some fun stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment