Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Universal Monsters "The Mummy" 8 Inch Retro Action Figure - Diamond Select/Emce Toys (2011)

The Mummy
The Mummy was part of series 2 of Diamond Select and Emce Toys Retro Cloth Universal Monsters figures.  Like the other figures in this line, it is quite nice.  It's got a great facial sculpt that really captures the likeness of Boris Karloff as The Mummy, although I think it could have used a better paint job on the face to make it pop.  As it is, it just kind of gets lost in a haze of non-contrasting green plastic.

The Mummy Awakes

I'm not so sure I'm sold on the cloth outfit, either.  I don't think the loose strips of cloth hanging on the figure really blend in with the outfit he is wearing underneath it, they kind of just look like they are sitting on top of it.  But despite those minor criticisms I have about it, overall I still think it is a very nice figure, and since The Mummy is one of my all-time favorite movies, this one is a must-have for me.

Life After Death
MORE PHOTOS AFTER THE BREAK...




The Occupant of the Sarcophagus

On the Loose!

Thing Ring Do Your Thing!

Rear View Mummy

Ominous Greeting

Bride of the Mummy?

The Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment