Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Star Wars (1976) Despecialized Edition


Just watched...
Star Wars (1976) Despecialized Edition

This is the version of the movie as it originally was shown in the theaters in 1976, before George Lucas made all of his weird changes to it.

I remember emerging from the movie theater when I was 4 years old, after seeing it for the first time. Going in to the movie I was skeptical. I thought it would be a cross between Star Trek, which I loved to watch on TV, and an old World War 2 movie, which I wasn't a fan of at that age. But I left the darkened theater swinging around an imaginary lightsaber, convinced I had just seen the greatest movie ever made. And every time I've seen it since then, I become that awestruck 4 year old all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment